What’s in the name NJAWBO?
NJAWBO is an organization of diverse women business owners who have come together to ensure each others business success. Our goal is to “Work with our members to build their businesses.”
As a member of NJAWBO, the outstanding resources, benefits, and opportunities we have available to you will enable your business to reach its full market potential and maximize your customer reach.
We know what you’re looking for in a women’s business organization, and it’s all here!
N = Networking Throughout the State
J = Jaunty (stylish) Member Spotlights and Marketing Opportunities in Print and Online
A = Access to State and Corporate Procurement Contracts through Certification
W = Women’s Business Advocacy
B = Business Relationships and Resources
O = Online Member-Only Hub for Member-to-Member Interactions
Access to members at NJAWBO events and activities, and exposure in The Bottom Line, which is distributed electronically to 2000+ members, prospects, and sponsors.
State Sponsored Events
- Conference Events where women business owners can meet with corporations and government agencies who are looking to outsource their business needs to women and minorities
- Salute to Women Leaders where we recognize women who have made a difference in the business community, their work environment, and the community at large as well as those who have exceeded in their efforts to others and made an impact on our lives
- Annual Meeting, open to all members and held in May
- RLT – Region Leadership Training for incoming and incumbent region officers that introduces them to the policies, procedures, and practices of this dynamic organization
- Monthly Board of Trustees Meetings provide a forum for the exchange of information and the sharing of best practices to strengthen the bond between the State Board and our network of region leaders.
- Monthly region networking events in all six regions throughout the state
- Special business-specific panels and seminars
- Marketing club roundtables
- Participation in business expos hosted by collaborating chambers of commerce, sponsors, partners, and other business event organizers
- Charitable endeavors to benefit nonprofit organizations that focus on the needs of women
Jaunty (Stylish) Member Spotlights and Marketing Opportunities
Make the right connections to market your business and get important referrals, which lead to business growth:
- Member Spotlights of Region Leaders in the NJAWBO newsletter, The Bottom Line, that showcase your volunteerism to NJAWBO and also promote you and your business
- Email and online Member Spotlights to introduce members to other members, sponsors, and prospects through the website, via email, and through NJAWBO’s social media pages
- Online Member Profiles that lists your company information allows members and other NJAWBO website visitors to locate you and your products and services
- Member-Only Hub, where you can interact with other NJAWBO members, offer specials for members, and really “talk business” with each other
- Advertising, available in the NJAWBO newsletter, The Bottom Line, to allow you to market yourself and your business
- Statewide Events, where you have the option to purchase a display table, put an ad in the event program book, or sponsor all or a portion of an event
If leadership interests you, participate on your Region Leadership Team or State Board of Trustees. Learn how to become an effective leader by working and collaborating with other members on projects that are key to keeping our organization strong and visible, both on our regions and statewide. This is where great relationships among member leaders develop, grow, and really flourish to benefit you, your business, and NJAWBO.
Access to State and Corporate Procurement Contracts through Certification
Think certification to increase your opportunities for new business.
- Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) Certification. Government agencies and some corporations require that you are certified. NJAWBO will help you begin the certification process with certifying organizations, such as the State of NJ, and others.
- Special Events, where you meet with corporate and government agencies looking to outsource their needed services to women and minorities. You can also learn more about the certification process, and if your business is a potential match for a particular need, have an interview opportunity with a prospective corporation or government agency.
Women’s Business Advocacy
You need to be aware of how your business can be affected by state and federal government legislation.
NJAWBO can have a legislative impact through state, local and national political activities that address the issues and concerns of women business owners throughout the State.
Affiliations that are automatically part of your membership in these important women’s organizations:
- WIPP (Women Impacting Public Policy) is America’s leading voice in Washington, DC for more than 500,000 diverse businesswomen and women business owners nationwide. WIPP has clout on the issues that impact you: Affordable Health Care; Implement set-aside program for women-owned businesses, enact economic stimulus policies.
- U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce, the strategic force of the Women’s Ownership Movement that’s leading the revolution to secure women’s rightful place as the most influential economic force in America.
- Opportunity to join the NJ Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Federation at a discounted cost off the regular membership if your business meets their criteria.
Business Relationships and Resouurces
Our Corporate Sponsors include PSEG, Kearny Bank, Investors Bank, Schumacher Chevrolet, Donnelly Energy, and BCB Community Bank..
- PSEG offers EnergeLink – a robust eLibrary of energy saving ideas. PSEG is seeking more women owned business on their vendor list to outsource business to them.
- Our NJAWBO Partners (corporate sponsors, media sponsors, and affiliates) often times offer special events, discounts, and expo opportunities for NJAWBO and its members.
- Member Resource Links assist you in finding the resources and information you need to grow and develop your business. These links include Women’s Business Resources, Business Development Links, Government Links, and more.
- We have partnered with SCORE. Our members can receive one-on-one counseling services at no cost. For more information, click here to visit the SCORE website.
- You can also meet and get to know corporate and government representatives at at some of our statewide annual events.
- Staples Reward Program offers printing discounts to NJAWBO members. Click here for details.
- The Vehicle Advantage locates and negotiates the best price for your vehicle, financing, trade, refinancing, road side service, warranty…through a national network of local dealerships. Click here for more information and to get started.
- Buyer’s Edge Inc. is a buying service that offers all members “Lowest Prices Guaranteed” on major purchases such as Appliances, TV’s, Cars, Furniture, Kitchen Cabinets and 25 other categories. Click here for more information.
Online Member-Only Hub
- Member-Only Hub, where you can interact with other NJAWBO members, offer specials for members, and really “talk business” with each other.